Chief Operating Officer
Ravenswood Family Health Network, All Sites
The mission of Ravenswood Family Health Network (RFHN) is to improve the health of the community by providing culturally sensitive, integrated primary and preventative health care to all, regardless of ability to pay or immigration status, and collaborating with community partners to address the social determinants of health.
Under the general direction of the Chief Operating Officer, this position oversees the Women’s Health Service Line for all RFHN locations.
The Service Line Operations Manager is expected to provide visionary leadership in order to maximize the effectiveness of all service delivery systems and financial performance and cultivate a clinic culture that is responsive to patient care, ensuring patient flow operates efficiently, effectively, and that support staff deliver high quality health care. The Service Line Operations Manager will work closely with the clinic staff and physicians in each unit to ensure that all fiduciary and clinical goals are met. Chief among these, is a proactive determination of workload priorities through planning, coordinating and directing staff and physicians to meet the clinic’s administrative, operational and support requirements.
In addition to their specific department or site operational responsibilities, the manager assigned to a given specialty service line is accountable for developing, coordinating and improving a programmatic focus for the Service Line across all medical group sites in collaboration with the operational and physician leadership at each location. Improving integration, standardization and collaboration resulting in improved operations, quality of care, financial performance and staff-provider-patient satisfaction.
The Service Line Operations Manager is a member of the Management Team, and a member of the operations and clinical team supporting PCMH standards and practices. In addition, s/he participates in performance improvement activities and upholds the mission and vision of RFHN in the performance of his/her work.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
To be performed in accordance with RFHN Policies and Procedures Operations (40%):
- Improves and maintains Women’s Health Service Line operations in collaboration with Associate Medical Directors, Provider Leads and Clinical Site Operation Manager of the satellite clinics, and in conjunction with the Chief Operating Officer and other staff including the Front Office Managers and clinicians, allied health service staff, and administrative staff.
- Ensures daily efficient Women’s Health back office patient flow, to meet clinical and operational benchmarks, in a culturally competent, professional and courteous manner that promotes customer satisfaction.
- Promotes employee and patient safety needs, communicating these needs with recommendations, as appropriate, to the Chief Operating Officer.
- Monitors and resolves patient complaints, documents, and responds in accordance with the clinic's policies and procedures.
- Assists the Chief Operating Officer in monitoring patient utilization of programs and services to assure that RFHN goals are met.
- Remains up to date on clinical requirements for special coverage programs, such as Family PACT or CDP.
- Maintains professional relationship with community healthcare partners to ensure efficient communication regarding transition of care for patients.
- Oversees coordination of provider and nursing schedules for Women’s Health to assure that all changes are properly communicated and workflow is smooth.
- Ensures that the Women’s Health Department back office services adhere to all regulations and legal requirements in consultation with the Associate Medical Director and Provider Leads including compliance with California Clinic Facility Licensure regulations.
- Works in collaboration with the Health Education and Prevention Program Manager, as well as the Quality Manager to monitor, maintain and/or improve Clinical Quality Measures (CQMs), Pay-forPerformance (P4P) measures as well as other clinical metrics to ensure Women’s Health achieves goals assigned by Health Plans and other regulatory bodies.
- Ensures special departmental programs, such as Centering Pregnancy both virtually and in person, are actively recruited for, well supported, providing managerial oversight and coordination of schedules and staffing.
- General supervision of 15-25 staff members,
- Directly supervises Women’s Health Supervisor Flow Coordinator/Department Lead and Women’s Health Program Assistant, interns, fellows, volunteers and other support staff assigned directly to clinical programs to ensure efficient and effective delivery of patient services.
- Provides clear direction to direct reports on expectation, providing coaching and guidance on a regular basis.
- Conducts daily, weekly, and monthly group and individual staff meetings with direct reports, clinical support and allied health staff to discuss performance, operational issues, improvement activities, policies, and procedures.
- Responsible for monitoring support staff work assignments and daily operations.
a) Evaluates performance and recommends merit increases, promotions and disciplinary actions. Conducts Position performance evaluations on an annual basis.
b) Approves leave requests, completes bi-weekly payroll timesheets.
c) In coordination with Women’s Health Supervisor, resolves staff performance issues and complaints in accordance with the clinic's policies and procedures.
Administrative Duties (10%):
- Meets regularly with the Chief Operating Officer, Associate Medical Directors, Provider Leads, Operations Team, and other Managers as directed.
- Helps establish/implement goals, objectives, policies, procedures and systems for assigned administrative areas.
- Participates in the planning, development and implementation of system improvements.
- Performs other duties and projects as requested by the Chief Operating Officer.
- Drafts, updates, and monitors appropriate procedures to implement clinic policies pertaining to Women’s Health Department patient flow.
General Agency Duties (10%):
- Fosters an environment that promotes trust and cooperation among patients and staff; maintains strictest confidentiality concerning all patient and employee information.
- Promotes and exemplifies in action, the mission, goals, policies, procedures and principles of RFHN to supervisees and other clinic staff.
- Participates in outreach activities, agency advocacy, and serves on ad hoc committees, as requested.
- Attends RFHN staff retreats and Board of Directors meetings as requested by the Chief Operating Officer.
- Other duties as assigned and requested.
- Bachelor's degree in Nursing with three (3) years minimum experience in outpatient clinics, community health centers or physician office with a concentration in Women’s Health – OR – five (5) years minimum previous supervisory and management experience in outpatient clinics, community health centers or physician office.
- Licenses: current California State Board of Registered Nursing RN license.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing in a professional manner; Spanish language competency highly preferred to facilitate communication with patients and employees.
- Computer literacy required; familiarity with the use of Microsoft Windows.
- Experience with the implementation and utilization of electronic practice management systems.
- Knowledge of the principles of practice management systems required.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in the effective and efficient delivery of outpatient clinic operations.
- Ability to take initiative and to exercise independent and sensible judgment; demonstrates decision-making and problem-solving expertise.
- Ability to provide proactive, positive, calm and overall effective leadership for the clinic staff in the delivery of day to day back office clinic services.
- Demonstrated ability to motivate, supervise, train and work respectfully and effectively with a culturally diverse clinic staff.
- Ability to collaborate and work effectively with the management team, patients, the public, community members and external agencies.
- Must adhere to standards of confidentiality.
Ravenswood Family Health Network is an equal opportunity employer.
Note: Only qualified applicants will be contacted. Please do NOT contact HR to ask for the status of your resume as those calls will not be returned.